Student Council Rallies Students at Hoco Pep Assembly

Marquis Vasquez, Journalism 1 Student

CHS Student Council held a Homecoming pep assembly on October 25 in the arena. The assembly, directed by Student Council sponsors Mrs. Leigha Nguyen and Mrs. Candace Wilson, featured various forms of entertainment for students and staff which included: The Homecoming video, a showcase of the Homecoming maids, Various dances, a Club rap to highlight the clubs at CHS, and skits that were created and run by members of StuCo. The assembly was also led by the 6 elected officers of Student Council and ended with a large dance from the group.

This big show did take a lot of time to plan however. Mrs. Nguyen stated that “over 100 students [StuCo Members] were involved in the pep rally.” Practice was held “3 times a week over the course of 5 weeks.” The day before the pep rally, a large run through practice was held to make sure everything would run smoothly.

CHS Principal Buck Bing also commented that “the pep rally was very well put together and feedback from the student body has been positive.” He also added that he enjoyed that it was student led. Mrs. Nguyen added, “Seeing how proud our kids are & how well received it is by the student body is what motivates me to do it again the next year!” Now, Student Council will continue to work at other things to help improve Conway High.

(Photo Credit: Emma Schluterman)