Quarterback Weese earns Nickname: MVP

Senior+quarterback+Ben+Weese+takes+the+field+against+Northside+October+16.++

Senior quarterback Ben Weese takes the field against Northside October 16.

Jayden Chavira, Staff Writer

With a current record of 4-2 and a chance to get to the playoffs, Conway fans are going crazy, But we can’t forget the man who is helping to make this possible, Senior Quarterback Ben Weese. 

Weese believes Cabot was his best performance on the field.   “The game was very exciting and a great environment having the best student section in the state there. Our team played well that night and everyone was happy with how everything turned out,” he said.  

With what is arguably the best student section in the state, cheering him on, Weese has earned the nickname MVP. He said, “I try not to pay attention to that type of stuff, so that I stay level-headed and not get focused on things outside of football.” 

That’s not to say the team hasn’t taken any losses:  North Little Rock seems to be the game Wampus Cats and fans are ready to move on from.  “Everyone was just thinking ‘oh god its NLR,’ but if we had just stayed calm and just done all our jobs then we could’ve come away with a win, but thats over with and we will see them again in November when it matters,” Weese said.   

Known to many as the best receiver in the state, Senior Bryce Bohannon is also a fan of his QB and speaks of his teammate and the brotherhood the players have.  Bohannon said, “He’s the best in the state and he’s one of the best guys you’ll ever meet off the field. Love him to death!” 

Overall Weese and his teammates are looking forward to the remainder of their season:  “If we keep working like we have, i’d say there’s a good chance [at state].” Spoken like a real MVP.