Wampus Cat Student News

• 4/19 - CHS Graduation

• 4/1 - Yearbook distribution day

• 4/3 - Seniors last day

• 4/26 - Interim reports come out

Avengers Endgame: The Actual Biggest Crossover in Movie History (Spoilers!!)

Back to Article
Back to Article

Randall Ethridge, Staff Writer

Avengers Endgame is a profound movie and the end of a 22 film long storyline, The end of a decade of movies and heroes since 2009’s Iron-Man with Robert Downey Junior, arguably the most important figure in the whole Marvel cinematic universe so far. It almost feels like the end of an era but this movie marks the end of Marvel’s third phase of movies and the start of the fourth.

This movie is meant to be watched in tandem with Infinity War as it takes place nearly right after the devastating end of that movie with the iconic snap that “dusted” half of the entire universe, Thanos had succeeded and the heroes had lost even after their best efforts. Endgame opens with Iron-Man stuck in the emptiness of space with unlikely ally Nebula, one of the daughters of Thanos. He records what seems to be his final message before his death in space and after he does he falls asleep and is saved by Captain Marvel played by Brie Larson.

The heroes desperately try to find a way to bring the 50% back with them deciding that taking the Infinity Stones back from Thanos by force is the best option. The Infinity Stones killed the 50% so it could most certainly bring them back, right?  After the siege on Thanos’s home is a success and they have him hostage they try to question him on where the stones are since he doesn’t have them. Thanos then throws a bombshell on them and tells him he destroyed the stones, this angers Thor and the end of Thanos eventually ends up on the floor of his house.

The movie then skips five years after the death of Thanos and the world is in ruins with the remaining humans trying to pick up the pieces left by the snap. I won’t spoil anymore of the movie for you as I personally think this is a must see if you haven’t already. Endgame is a triumphant end to a saga that has spanned over a decade and will forever hold a place for me as one of the best movies of 2019.