Conway Hosts the AFLTA World Language Competition

Pierson Wekkin, Staff Writer

The students of Conway High School and Conway Junior High School are participating in the AFLTA World Language Competitions. This event takes place on April 9 at Hendrix College, Conway with a $10 entry fee due at March 11. The actual event will take place on April 9. They have an annual competition to help people further progress in learning languages. Chinese teacher here at the Junior High School Xiaohua Chen talked about why the AFLTA World Language Competition is so important.  “The event provides a platform for students to assess and challenge themselves with their language skills. It encourages the students to learn new things. It’s a great event where students get to meet and connect with other language speakers from different high schools in Arkansas. Through interaction and friendships with others, students can develop their social skills. Besides language skills, the competition also provides a platform for students to show off their talents in arts and music.Winning the competition is a way for the students to build their resumes for college, scholarship, and job applications.”

Another fact about this AFLTA World Language Competition is that this will be the first time since 2019 that the AFLTA World Language Competition. So far Mrs. Cheng  has had 12 students sign up for this competition.