Conway Soccer Teams Play Catholic at Home

Pierson Wekkin, Staff Writer

Friday, April 8 Junior Varsity Boys Soccer and Varsity Boys Soccer played against Catholic High School. These were some very good games that were close and entertaining. The Junior Varsity teams started playing at around 5:30 the game started slow and stayed that way with the game being tied at 0-0 at halftime. The game was very back and forth until the JV team made a game-changing mistake. It turns out that someone got called a handball in the penalty box, but Catholic missed the shot. The goalie did an excellent job blocking the goal, but they got the rebound and shot a quick goal when the goalie was still on the ground. Nothing else happened after that goal and Catholic’s JV team won vs Conway 1-0. After JV lost the Conway Varsity warmed up and started the game. The game was a very back and forth game with no team being able to score in the first half. However, in the second half, they were able to find the keys to come away with the win. Freshman defender on Varsity, Logan Geier said the keys to winning ways “We just needed to possess the ball and keep calm. Our attacking players did well to pressure their defenders. Which helped us make them get into uncomfortable situations and give up the ball.” Varsity ended up winning the game 2-0 with both of the goals being scored in the second half. JV Boys and Varsity Boys play this upcoming Friday at home vs Southwest High School.