Wampus Cat Student News

Yearbook Yearning for Excellence

Back to Article
Back to Article

Yearbook Yearning for Excellence

Audrey Rawls, Jr. High Writer

Every year there is a team of people that work really hard all year long, but get very little recognition. These people are the yearbook staff. The only time they really get noticed is when they are out taking pictures, getting quotes, and at the end of the year when the yearbooks come out. Yearbook kids deserve a lot more credit because they take a lot of their own time and work hard so they can display a great book at the end of the year. The process starts with choosing the theme for the yearbook. From their cover designs to color choices, and font selections, they are always fulfilling every job they can. All while getting enough pictures and quotes to make the book more personal to our school, they are constantly on the clock, looking for opportunities. But one of the hardest parts of being is yearbook is making sure that everything gets done before the deadlines. Staffers can’t slack off because when the deadline comes they have to be finished with their work, or the school doesn’t get yearbooks. “The most stressful part of yearbook is trying to meet deadlines.” 8th grade staff member Morgan Henry said.

People might wonder why they do this. Why do these students dedicate so much of their own time to the yearbook? Well, for one thing, it is so they can show the school what they can really do. “It is really cool knowing that people will look at our book later on, and be in awe and reminiscing on good times,” 9th grade staff member Rosalie Knuckles said. The yearbook is supposed to be something that in the future students can look back on and think about how great their years at CJHS were, and these students play a huge part in that. They plan, design, and create something that is going to be a part of the history of our school for everyone to see for the rest of our lives.

About the Writer
Audrey Rawls, Jr. High Writer

Freshman Audrey Rawls plays in band, is a part of the yearbook staff, and is in the flagline. Audrey loves photography, her friends, and her church. She wants to write for the school paper to showcase some of the less known events and people around the school and bring attention where it is needed.