Wampus Cat Student News

• 4/19 - CHS Graduation

• 4/1 - Yearbook distribution day

• 4/3 - Seniors last day

• 4/26 - Interim reports come out

CHS to turn into Vegas for Prom

Back to Article
Back to Article

CHS to turn into Vegas for Prom

Hannah Taylor, Staff Writer

The Friday before Spring Break, Conway High School student council members announced that the Prom theme for 2019 would be ‘Vegas, Baby!’. They did so by including many skits which focused around the notorious city featuring acts such as a magician, a drive-thru wedding, and well known performers in the area. On Saturday, April 6, the dance will take place in the CHS Cafeteria, from 8:00-11:00.

The two sponsors for Student Council, Mrs. Wilson and Ms. Nguyen, have worked closely with a local decorator in order to make this prom the best one to grace this campus. In order to fit the Las Vegas theme, they are incorporating white leather couches, jewel tone accents, many neon lights, and places with notable signs that students can take pictures with. Perhaps the most exciting new element being added is something that’s never been done in CHS history: a light up dance floor. Food will also be provided, including a chocolate fountain, and all sorts of appetizers catered by the Conway Country Club. The goal that student council is aiming for this dance is for students to feel like they are in a fancy, modern lounge in the heart of Las Vegas.

Tickets for this years dance are twenty dollars each, and are designed to look a card from a deck of cards, making students feel like they are actually playing a game in the big city. Prom is open to Juniors and Seniors at Conway High School, however Sophomores may attend if their date is an upperclassmen. With all the planning, preparation, and fundraising that has gone into this year’s dance, there is no doubt that it will be one of the most memorable dances held at this school. So put on your suit or your best dress, and get ready to head to Vegas, Baby!

About the Writer
Hannah Taylor, Staff Writer

Senior Hannah Taylor is on the Varsity Tennis Team at Conway High School and is in Student Council, Caring Cats, and the Forensics Team. Taylor loves to travel, go shopping, and hanging out and making funny videos with her friends. She spends most of her time either on the tennis courts, hitting with her best friends, or going out to get coffee, talking, or listening to music. She has always loved to read and write about other people, so taking journalism and writing for the school paper was a fun outlet to channel this side of me'. She aspires to be a news anchor, or work with television broadcasting, so writing these news stories is really helping her.