The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Jones “Sets” the Example

Sisters Finish Up Final Season Together
The+Jones+sisters+enjoy+one+last+season+on+the+court+together.+
Carly Pate
The Jones sisters enjoy one last season on the court together.

On the rare occurrence that sophomore, outside hitter Wren messes up, there is no talking necessary. Unlike most players who need a pep talk or pick-me-up to regain confidence, all Wren needs is one look from her teammate Tate, the Wampus Cat’s setter. Sisters can communicate to each other in this way. 

Tate started playing volleyball in 5th grade with Conway Juniors volleyball club and completely fell in love with it. Like any younger sibling, you want to be just like your older sister and do whatever they like doing. “She was my role model when I was younger, so when I saw her starting to play, I thought maybe I could play, too,” Wren said. Tate tells me they spent many nights in the backyard just passing the ball around or trying to teach each other some new types of skill. 

Flash forward to last year when Wren was a freshman and Tate was a junior, Wren was asked to play up for the high school team. The Jones’ were thrilled for this knowing their girls would get the opportunity to play with each other for 2 years. In volleyball, the setter to hitter connection is crucial to a team’s success. The connection between the sisters was showcased even on the first day of practicing together, it was amazing to watch. Tate says, “I feel like our connection on the court really shows and overall makes the team stronger.” 

If you have a sibling, you know you are not scared to tell them anything. The Jones siblings are not afraid to be honest and they’re not scared to push each other which makes their success raise even higher. For other people, you have to tiptoe around their feelings. You can’t critique them as much because at the end of the day, they’re your friend. But, no matter what they say to each other, the Jones sisters know they will have each other around forever.