The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Dunking Through the Season

Conway Basketball Powers Through
Photo of player Jace Sullivan

This year, the Conway Wampus Cats Basketball Team is having an interesting year. The team is very young and inexperienced. Sophomores Wesley Tapp and Jace Sullivan are two of the key players for the Cats this year. They stated that they really like the coaching and leading the team. The Cats have had a couple of players quit this year, but the players who stayed are mentally tough and are always working to be better. They also have some downpoints to the season: their offense is inconsistent and they need to keep turnovers limited. In Conway’s recent game against Cabot, they lost by about 20 points. It was a tough pill to swallow. There was not a lot of energy during the game, and they seemed a little tired. Wesley stated that they also have had a lot of ups. They have loads of talent on the team, and when they get older, they can be better. Also, the freshmen coming up are tall and explosive. Discipline is also a big issue for the team, and they need more motivation in order to turn their season around. There are a lot of questions pertaining to the team, but they just need to keep moving forward and hopefully win some more games. They have a tournament coming up, and if they put in the work, they could win it.