The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Steps into Eternity: Loki Series Steps to an End

The end of 2023 wasn’t only the end of the year but also the end of one of the public’s favorite shows. On October 5th, the final season of Loki streamed on Disney+. Most people started this show with a skeptical feeling because of how negative lots of other Marvel projects were doing at the time.

The first season introduces us to new characters like Sylvie, a Loki variant, and Mobius, an agent of the Time Variance Authority. The plot is a bit confusing if you haven’t watched it but the amount of character development that this one single character made in just two seasons is insane to think about. Loki has always been portrayed as a throne-hungry and manipulative character and that is why fans were surprised while watching the series because this character has changed so much. The end of season one leaves us wondering what Loki will do next. He has just had his heart broken and the beginning of a multiversal war is in sight. 

The first five episodes of season two have Loki, Mobius, and Sylvie fighting to keep the universe from ripping itself apart. Our ‘villains’ for this season are Ravonna and Miss Minutes. They are trying to keep Loki and his friends from saving the world because, if no one intervenes, they can be in complete control. Loki and Mobius travel through time and space to find the one man who can put all this to an end, Victor Timely. After repeated attempts to put things back together they just can not get things under control. We see Loki question what else they could’ve fixed to make things return to normal. And this is where Loki realizes that the one person who could put everything back together was not Victor, but himself.

Earlier in the season, Sylvie asks Loki why he wants to fix everything and after basically tormenting the answer out of him, he says, “I don’t want to be alone.” Loki’s biggest fear is revealed. He has finally found people that he cares for and he doesn’t want to lose them. Loki reflects on this moment as he makes the decision to put the weight of the world on his shoulders. We see that in order to keep his friends safe, his one biggest fear must come true. At the end of the episode, Loki says, “I know what kind of God I need to be. For you. For all of us.” Those are the last words he will ever say to another living being for he must sit on his solitary throne for the rest of eternity. 

This season was such an emotional rollercoaster but I believe that they couldn’t have done it better. We see the good in a character who used to be a villain, we see their sacrifices, and we see how the people he had an affect on move on without him. From the God of Mischief to the God of Stories, we say goodbye to Loki Laufeyson.