Creative Writers Prepare for NaNoWriMo

Senior+Katie+Mabry+leads+a+creative+writing+club+meeting+in+room+117.++The+club+is+currently+preparing+for+National+Novel+Writing+Month.++

Senior Katie Mabry leads a creative writing club meeting in room 117. The club is currently preparing for National Novel Writing Month.

Apphia Boswell, Staff Writer

CHS’s Creative Writing Club meets every other Thursday in room 117 to strengthen writing skills among CHS students.

An upcoming event involving the club is NaNoWriMo which is National Novel Writing Month.“NaNoWriMo is very small in Arkansas in comparison to other states, which I think could change with just a little more information being spread around the schools. On the Creative Writing side of that, I think it’d be great for the talented writing (written by talented writers) to be shown off. Creative Writing is so obscure and I think it’s only really noticed by the twenty or so members because there’s more focus on the other arts (theater, painting/drawing, etc)” says Katie Mabry, Creative Writing club president.

Students are planning to meet in room 157 to discuss plans for NaNoWriMo tomorrow, but the club meets every other Thursday in Room 117. Any questions about Creative Writing Club or NaNoWriMo should be directed to Katie Mabry.