The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Act It Out! Beta Club Heading to Convention

The skit back drop for the campaign

Conway High School’s Beta Club is attending a State Convention in Hot Springs later on January 30th and 31st. The convention consists of many competitions ranging from speech to apparel design and state officer opportunities. In total, there will be 3,500 students in attendance. Of that, there will be thirty Conway students attending, with the majority competing in a competition. The students who are not competing will help with the campaign skit that is used to promote their State Secretary candidate, Nicole Reynolds. The skits will be used as a campaign method against other schools, and judged on creativity, performance, originality, and participation. 

Beta club members have been preparing for the convention since October. In December, certain competitions started, such as Creative Writing,Poetry, photography, design, and much more. Awards will be given out at the convention. In preparation, the skit has taken the main focus of the club, with the students utilizing zero period to practice. Sophomore Brody Mercer says, “I am very excited, hard work is what we are all about and we are gonna kill the skit.” Mercer was one of the first few planners of the skit. The theme was decided in October, Lilo and Stitch, with Mercer playing Stitch. “I see it as a fun opportunity to support Beta Club.” The members of Beta Club have also been preparing the set for the skit. The hand painted backdrops have been resting in Mr.Cullum’s room for weeks. The Beta Club is very excited to take  their skills and knowledge to the convention with the hopes of winning.