The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Newcomers take on Winter Formal

New DBS Members on their first Winter Formal

On Saturday January 6th, the Phi Delta chapter of Delta Beta Sigma held their yearly winter formal event. This event is for all the members of Delta Beta Sigma and their dates. This event is to celebrate all of the philanthropy work that the members had done throughout the previous year. The event begins at the Conway High School auditorium and ends at the Robinson event center. At the auditorium around 5 o’clock, the members are escorted down the stage by their dates all while being announced by Mr. S. 

Though the seniors in the sorority are used to this event, for some new members this can be a nerve-racking experience. Ella Kate Brown, a new member of the sorority, says she was “nervous to go on stage in front of everyone, but loved seeing everyones dresses.” While there were some new members that were nervous to be on stage, there was a small group that was built for the stage. Haven Sellers is a competitive dancer when she isn’t with her sorority sisters, so she says “ I was not nervous at all because I am on stage all of the time, and I loved seeing everyones dresses come to life.” 

After the members are off the stage, they are transported to the Robinson Event Center in Little Rock. The event center is filled with everyones favorite music and lots of dancing. This can be overwhelming for some new members, but most of them, like Bryar White, love this event. White says “It was so much fun dancing with all of my friends, and I loved making memories with them. Everyone was in such a great mood, even the dates had a great time.” 

The rest of the year for Delta Beta Sigma will be spent at sisterhoods and philanthropy events. The sisters will also be kept busy preparing for incoming new members, and recruitment events.