Donna Summer Musical Boogies to Conway

Donna Summer musical opened January 24.

courtesy of Pixabay

Donna Summer musical opened January 24.

Zane Brewer, Staff Writer

On January 24, The Donna Summer Musical grooved its way to Reynold Performance Hall on the campus of UCA in Conway Arkansas. The show features the trials and tribulations of the life of late singer, Donna Summer. Although you may think you know who this artist is, do you really know her whole story?

Donna Summer also known as the ‘Queen of Disco’ has a very interesting and complicated life. From leaving her family behind to make a name for herself, to getting herself out of an abusive relationship with her partner, to eventually making it big and being a household name.

The Musical featured many of her hits: I Love You, Love to love you, Bad Girls, Hot Stuff, Last Dance,  Stamp Your Feet, and many more. Along with the classic music, there are so many other aspects of the show to appreciate such as the lights, and the amazingly choreographed musical numbers. 

One thing that was different than usual, was that there was NO INTERMISSION and NO CONCESSIONS. Covid has affected theatres all across the country. So to keep the audience safe, there were no intermissions or concession breaks. Although that was a bummer, that did not stop the audience from having a great time. 
The Donna Summer Musical is still touring across the US. To catch it somewhere else: visit www.donnasummermusical.com.