The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Where There’s Traveling, There’s Makayla Fuller

Sophomore Makayla Fuller loves to travel
Carly Pate
Photo of Makayla Fuller

If there is anything that Makayla Fuller, a sophomore at Conway High School, is good at, it is earning herself the chance to travel. Whether it means for vacation, or for work, she will take any chance she can get. Despite not being able to travel over summer vacation, Makayla does not let that stop her from doing so in the future. For someone who aspires to travel the world, Makayla’s focus lies in becoming a traveling nurse. However, traveling is not the only reason why she’s working her way to accomplish such a career. “My aunt was a traveling nurse, and I’ve wanted to follow in her footsteps ever since then,” she said. “I also like the idea of being able to help people. It’s something that I have also aspired to do.” And sure enough, when Makayla isn’t working to become a traveling nurse, she’s helping people style their hair. “My main career goal is to become a traveling nurse, but if that doesn’t work out in the end, I want to become a cosmetologist.” Makayla is not currently taking any classes to help with that career choice at the moment. However, she does style her sisters, nephews, and friends’ hair to get some practice in. As for being a traveling nurse, Fuller is taking a biology class at the moment. “Since I’m most likely going to have to dissect animals in biology, I think it’s a good way of strengthening my stomach to become a traveling nurse.” Makayla does not plan on changing her career choice any time soon, nor her love for traveling.