The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Looking for Action? Try Film Club

Have you ever thought about joining a school club, but just couldn’t find one that suited you? In a school that consist of over 2,000 students it can be hard for people to find clubs that interest them, especially when some of the bigger clubs take all the spotlight. This leaves some of the smaller clubs to be more unseen. One club that doesn’t always get the spotlight it deserves is the film club. C.H.S Film club is dedicated to helping, and teaching students interested in film through discussions and giving them the opportunity to make short films. According to Tania Islas, club president, the club’s main goal is to “make friends, meet people with the same interests as you, get new knowledge on movies you probably didn’t know before, and the opportunity to make tiny little short films”. Film club is a great opportunity for people to express their creative side, and tell amazing stories in ways they might have never had a chance to before. Because the film club’s primary activity is making short films it’s hard to be put in the spotlight as none of the film club activities can be advertised at the school. This is likely the main reason the film club does not consist of many members as the only way word spreads is by word of mouth. Film club has amazing benefits for students however, just last year several film club members earned scholarships through short films that were made with the help of the film club. This shows that threw film club students potentially looking for a career in film can get an early start on learning production, writing skills, filming, and make some new friends along the way.