The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Arkansas State Beta Convention: An Experience of a Lifetime

Kali Cresswell
Beta Club members enjoying their last few moments at convention.

Arkansas State Beta Convention took place on January 30th, and January 31st at the convention center in Hot Springs. Conway Beta Club members were able to join in on the fun and compete in competitions for various activities. The Robotics team – which consisted of Chris Ablondie, Brody Mercer, Colton Makara, and Garrett Brannon – came in first place for their Star Wars themed Robot named Bota the Hutt and qualified for nationals. Their robot was programmed to be able to stack, sort, and move boxes. The quiz bowl team placed 3rd overall, and Zion Kear placed 4th for color photography. We are very proud of all the effort our students put into these competitions, and we hope to see more results in future years. 

Sophomore Nicole Reynolds ran for Beta State Secretary, but ultimately the spot was voted to a student from Rison Arkansas. Her campaign was based on the Disney Movie Lilo and Stitch, with students volunteering to dance and dress in Hawaiian themes. The club has been practicing for this event for weeks, and we’re very proud of their hard work. The rest of the convention was spent with the club members making various memories, as well as, hyping up their competing classmates. Overall the students had a very exciting experience, Dylan Mercer states, “ Beta Convention was an amazing experience. I got to learn a lot about how to campaign, and I look forward to seeing Beta Club gain in members from the upcoming sophomores. Because I want to be an officer for the club and run for President for convention next year, I hope to see our members stay engaged with our programs, so these next few years are really memorable.”