The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season
Women's History Month: Alex Morgan
Carly Pate, Staff Writer • March 14, 2024

Pottery Studio Takes Conway by Storm: Glazin’

A mug painted by Mary Caroline Grimes

During April of 2023, Glazin’ Pottery Studio opened its doors to the Conway public. It is located in the heart of downtown Conway on Main St. and is open Tuesday through Saturday from 1 pm- 8 pm. This studio has quickly become a place of socialization for citizens of Conway of all ages: families, friend groups, and fundraisers. They offer both stoneware and bisque ceramics to be painted and glazed, ranging from mugs to trinket boxes to large serving platters. The price point for their pottery is moderate in comparison to the other studios in Central Arkansas. All purchases of pottery include all the materials used such as the paint and brushes, and the store fires the pieces within one week of when the pottery is painted. Sophomore, Wren Whelky, stated, “The two employees were very sweet to my friends and I when we went in there. The environment was perfect for a chill hangout with my friends.” It has quickly become a hangout for Conway High students who wish to express their artistic side. Senior, Mary Caroline Grimes, and her friends frequently paint pottery at Glazin’. “Glazin’ has become one of my favorite spots to go and unwind. Painting pottery is such a fun way to create unique, one of a kind pieces. I’ve gone at least five times within the past month!” says Grimes. Glazin’ has made a splash in the Conway art scene and will hopefully continue to do so for the years to come.