Six Legs Forever

Samara Lasker, Staff Writer

As the time approaches fast, one thought becomes apparent to every single senior at Conway High. These are the last moments we’ll have together. The last football games, the last prom, the last pep rally…things we’ve always taken for granted, are about to stop. 

Sure, many promises are made to stay in contact. Majority of the school will attend UCA, bound to see each other again. Yet, we all know our relationships and friendships will not last, our  contact will suddenly become reduced to scrolling and seeing each other on social media, completely unrecognizable from the person we were back in high school. 

Part of me is glad. I’m finally becoming an adult, able to dictate my own rules. However, the other part is terrified. I guess that’s part of adulting, right? 

I’ll be attending New England College in Henniker, New Hampshire. A whopping 21 hours away from the small town I grew up in. I’m a double major, Communications and Journalism, with hopes of becoming a Broadcast News Analyst. 

You know, when you’re younger, you constantly have to answer the question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” We’d answer confidently, excited for the future. However, when you’re literally months away from finally entering the next phase in  your life, you’ll start to wish you enjoyed the simple things instead of rushing.