Students Have Varying Opinions on Vaccine

Sussannah DeBlack, Staff Writer

President Joe Biden released earlier this week that people 16 and older can now receive the Covid 19 vaccine. This means many high school students are now eligible. Conway High School recently had a vaccine drive to make students have easier access to it. Many students have already received the vaccine and are glad they did. Junior Madi Paquette has received both required shots, and described her experience. “My first one I had no symptoms and my second I felt terrible. In two weeks I’ll be fully vaccinated, Paquette said. ” She says the main reason she had the vaccines was for her family, and to save others. Many people, like Madi, are not listening to people who are against the vaccine and want to do their part in order to save lives and reduce outbreaks of the Coronavirus. On the other hand, many students feel like they do not need the vaccine and will be skipping out on it. Some even believe that the vaccine will do more harm than good to them. When asked why they believe some people will not take the vaccine, one student (who wished to have their name disclosed) said, “I think it just depends on their political beliefs. More people from the left seem to be taking the vaccine, while people who lean towards the right think it could possibly be a scam.” The current vaccines available have over a 90% effectiveness rating, and there are many more vaccines available as the US hopes to reach over 70% of the population vaccinated.