The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

The Voice of Conway High School

Wampus Cat Student News

Conway Baseball Slides into the Future
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • May 20, 2024
Conway Graduation for 2024
Kali Cresswell, Copy Editor • April 2, 2024
Conway Boys' Soccer Chases the 3-Peat
Pierson Wekkin, Sports Reporter • March 29, 2024
Lady Cat Soccer Kicks off Season

Conway Baseball Slides into the Future

Jacelyn Butler

Take me out to the ball game! Take me out to the crowd! This is a familiar tune to all who love baseball and here at Conway, we love supporting our great baseball program! This year the Conway Varsity Baseball went 18-9. They had a first-round bye then fell to the Har-Ber Wildcats 1-6. Overall, it was a pretty successful season for the Wampus Cat Varsity Boys Baseball Team, which was led by Will Thompson, Braden Bramblett, Owen Davenport, Beau Billeck, Max Holland, Tucker Satterfield, Drake Naylor and Shuan Cover. Beau, Shuan, Owen, Max, Tucker, and Drake were all named to All Conference.

One of the biggest games of this season was the 6a Central Conference Championship game against the Bryant Hornets. The Wampus Cats won this game 6-2 and they ended the regular season with an 8-game win streak. One of the most important aspects of any sport is preparing for an opponent during practice. When we asked Junior, Malik Simpson what the team does to prepare for games, Simpson said, “ It depends on the team, so we prepare accordingly to the team, we also set the pitching machine to how the other team’s pitchers throw and we have intense practices. The majority of this team’s success can be attributed to outstanding seniors such as Drake Naylor, Tucker Satterfield, Braden Bramblett, and Will Thompson. Although these seniors have had a major impact on this team and their success, there are Junior and Sophomore players such as Beau Billick, Owen Davenport, and Max Holland who are emerging as stars and are looking to lead this team to success.